Bilingual Claims Specialist (French and English)
Burlington, ON, Canada
Permanent - Full Time
About the job
Our client in the insurance industry is seeking a Bilingual (FR/EN) Claims Specialist to join their innovative and collaborative team in Burlington, ON! This role is best suited for a team player with strong critical thinking and communication skills.
• Oversee and manage claims files and waivers
• Review and issue payments in accordance with pre-determined terms and timeframes
• Assess new claims by referring to policy provisions to determine eligibility for disability benefits
• Answer disability claims, respond to basic inquiries, and identify/escalate complex calls as accordingly
• Provide initial CPP Disability application assistance to disability claimants and follow up with Plan Members until application is received and complete. Calculate CPP over/under payments and code the applicable entries in the system.
• Work with medical professionals and claimants to coordinate medical exams
2 years of working experience in Group Benefits/Disability Claims preferred.
Post-secondary education in a related program
Medical background/knowledge of terminology is an asset
LOMA 280 and LOMA 290 required, but can be acquired and reimbursed within first 6 months of employment
Good understanding of group benefits and disability claims adjudication.
Flexible work options and paid time off
A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture
Paid volunteer days to give back to your community
Full extended benefits including medical, dental and vision
MT Talent Solutions is a Canadian Recruiting Firm specializing in providing a holistic approach to recruiting, by ensuring that the right chemistry exists between the candidate and the employer in order to form a long-lasting relationship. This holistic approach in recruitment focuses not only on candidates’ skills and experience, but the candidate as a whole.